Narrative Essay – Due by end of day Oct 13th (turned in to me in my classroom – I will be here until 5:30)
1. Base it on a Proverb from pg. 130-131 in the textbook.
2. Quote the proverb at the beginning of your essay. Use the intro to explain it.
3. Write a detailed narrative of your incident/event. Use vivid imagery – word pictures that appeal to the 5 senses – to make your reader “see” what is happening.
4. Conclude explaining how this incident/event illustrates the African proverb you chose.
5. This is HANDWRITTEN. You should have a rough draft AND a final copy. Make sure that you actually edit your draft.
6. See me by Monday if you need help writing this. You should work a little bit each day on this, and it will get done.
7. Good websites to check: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/685/04/; http://www.roanestate.edu/owl/describe.html; https://www.sbcc.edu/clrc/files/wl/downloads/StructureofaPersonalNarrativeEssay.pdf.
James Joyce’s “Araby” – How does the imagery, especially religious imagery, contribute to the coming-of-age theme of “Araby”? This essay is due this Friday (14 Oct) – on turnitin.com.